<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Previous Posts

Name: l3lessed

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Thoughts
"The American Feast"
“A pound of flesh for every ounce of pain.”
It’s so very hard to admit
You feed these demons you have made

Bound by the albatross of dismay.
It doesn’t hurt if you just submit
"A pound of flesh for an ounce of pain."

So comforting is your dismay
In this age of endless content
You feed these demons you have made.

Afraid to leave this dead world you’ve made.
Your whole life you have to commit
"A pound of flesh for an ounce of pain."

The tears crystallize on your face
While images help you forget
You feed these demons you have made.

You believe there is no escape
Because of the lies they transmit,
“A pound of flesh for every ounce of pain,
You must feed these daemons you’ve made."

Opionin
I wrote this poem for my Creative Writing, Poetry Class. It's in villanelle form and has a very standard rhyming scheme. I only ended up putting in one approximate rhyme. Overall I was happy about how it came out, surprisingly though my teacher liked it very much and literally appluaded me for it. By the way I apologize for the massive void of updates. Again I've gotten so busy with work and school I don't have as much time to do free writing. I'm going to post a few poems I wrote for my poetry class though. I'll put up a new italian sonnet very soon.

Recommended Listening
Album: "The Death of the Pixies" By: The Pixies
Song: "Where is My Mind?"

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links
Projects
Archives