<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Previous Posts

Name: l3lessed

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Thoughts
"Ode to the Forgotten"
Our eyes peering through the passing days
into dreams of a better place and time,
but where will the forgotten go
when we have blamelessly forgot.
The world slipping by in our naivety;
the naive world slipping by us.
Piece by piece giving its leave
without a single tear or trembling goodbye.
Not a comforting word to fill the void
in the midst of the bitter turmoil of life.
Pridefully holding on in our desperate solitude,
trying to find fragments that have long been lost
in the noise and clutter of a responsible lie.
Wondering in the ruins of a beautiful mind,
Hopefully one day to be remembered,
the forgot that has forgotten the world,
the forgotten world that has forgot.

Opinion
Here is my last poem for my poetry class, I'm going to keep working on new stuff though. This is an Ode as the title states. I wrestled with this one for a little bit and am still not completely satisfied with the outcome but I don't think I can revise it any better from this point.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links
Projects
Archives